Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Black Lady Magdaelim





"So from an angry lawman's mouth, the Outlaw Motorcyclists were born."
-Chuck Zito, Former Leader of the Hell's Angels

Pretty much from when I was about eight years old, I always looked up to the rebels known as the Hell's Angels. Zito was more than a man, he was a mantra. When I used to fight in grade school, it comforted me to find out Zito was no stranger to fistacuffs himself. He taught me to never back down:

"I've been fighting my whole life" -Zito
"If the challenge to fight was there, I always took it." Zito

Also, just like myself, toiling every summer away in the dry fields of 'Tana, many of them lived hard too:

"Let me tell you something: I have members in my charter who, after paying their rent and house bills and taking care of their families, don't even have enough money to pay the fifteen dollars a week dues." -Zito

So, as I grew, I modeled my own mentality after the honorable hedonists. When questioned about my own business by my high school teachers, i offered them a quote from the fountain of truth himself:

"Now as far as organizations selling drugs, no. Individuals selling drugs is something else." -Zito

By the time I graduated, almost every piece of the American Moses' life had become my own. Even my lesser known past histories coincided with the life of Zito the Great:

"I was a stuntman for over fifteen years." -Zito

Thus, coming to Korea, I knew I could not leave my past behind. I've been riding Ms. Magdaelim--Maggie for short--for about a month now, and she's the smoothest bike I've ever owned.

Here are a couple shots of Maggie in all her glory.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You're funny. And this was fun to read. Join Ted and I on our motorbike tour of SE Asia this December?