Thursday, April 16, 2009

Peep Jousting is Sweet

As those good Christians out there have already figured out, Easter was on Sunday. Of course, I almost forgot, until my wonderful Mema sent me a Easter package full of goodies. Included in this package--other than some chrontron bunny ears--were my one time nemeses: Marshmellow Peeps. Now, I know what some of you idiots are thinking out there; "I love Peeps!". Of course you do, you're idiots. Us civilized people find peeps disgusting both in texture and taste, and of no use. That is, until I found out their one purpose: Peep jousting.

The game is simple. Stick a toothpick in each peep and throw them in the microwave. As they circle each other with lances erect, the tension grows, as well as their fluffy bodies.





In theory, one peep is supposed to pierce the other's armor, deflating him to the size of a peanut. In our fight however, both peeps decided to drop their lances and boil in the warm light of the microwave. We called it a draw when the sugar started caramelizing.

No comments: